Monday, April 17, 2006

Being in a band takes a lot out of a person. There is much more to it than just the music. What I'm getting at is that we, unfortunately, had to part ways with our bassist, Kirk Schwenkler. Since we didn't want it to be a personal issue, we took the easy way out and e-mailed him. I'm glad he took it well, since I (and the other guys) value Kirk as a friend. We just have been getting vibes from him that Suspyre couldn't be his life, since he is interested and talented at many other things, and decisions need to be made. He believes "I can't make this my main focus in life, and if that is what you guys need, then you do in fact need a new bass player.", which pretty much summarizes it. So, now we have to look for a new bassist, which isn't a huge deal right now since we're concentrating more on recording rather than shows.

Anyway - a new song will be up VERY soon. Maybe even tomorrow. Wow.
-Gregg-

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, sad to hear that he needed to go.

I liked how he did the flute on The Breath of Gloria. That was a very nice touch. D:

But hey, a new song? Can't wait. I really really really can't wait. You guys, right next to Pain of Salvation, are my most anticipated band right now in terms of album releases. I'm following both you and them every step of the way.

Funny, because both of your bassists had been asked to leave. >_>;

But yeah..hope you guys can keep working hard regardless, and I wish you the best of luck on the rest of the recording, and the eventual search for a replacement.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Suspyre said...

I heard about Pain of Salvation's bassist leaving. It's funny because he's their singer's brother. I love the stuff he brought the band, especially his funk/slap playing (like in the beginning of "People Passing By").

We're trying out some people right now by having them record the bass line to the new song we're finishing up. We'll post a blog on our progress with that in a couple of days.

-Gregg

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, he left due to distance issues. they wanted to practice and stuff around 3 times a week, and everyone but him was living in Sweden at the time.(He lived in Holland) It wasn't like, kicking him out over something dumb, it was just, they all realized that for the sake of the band, he had to go. It's all on good terms, and I actually have a friend who keeps in contact with the ex-bassist and his new album sounds damn promising regardless. Maybe it's good on both camps that he left. :P

And I'll be waiting for updates on your endeavors too. :D Maybe this time, once you do a show or two after the new album's done, I'll actually be able to go and see you guys live. I was so angry when I couldn't go to any of the shows you had done in the last year. And the one time I WAS capable of going was the show where Clay had gotten sick and ended up in the hospital, causing you guys to back out of the show. >_>

But yeah, I kinda trailed off again...Like I said before, I wish you guys the best of luck in finding a replacement.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home