Thursday, May 04, 2006

Everyone should check out our Yahoo group, that we started about a year and a half ago and never really established. I put up a poll regarding everyone's favorite track on The Silvery Image, so be sure to vote, maybe it will influence our song selection for our next show.

Anyway, I've been starting to record again since the semester is winding down. The new material is so much harder than The Silvery Image; the riffs are not necessarily faster, just much more complicated. There are plenty of odd times and lots of fun with rhythms that I can't wait to hear all come together. I now have Fridays and Tuesdays off so that's when I'm going to try to get in some recording (along with lots of composition time).

My graduate comprehensive examination (the thing I need to pass in order to get my master's degree) in music theory is due tomorrow, so I'll get working on that. Everyone stay tuned for more updates!

-Gregg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the Yahoo thing today, but I'm old and it took me a while to figure it out. Choosing a favorite was difficult because it changes depending on my mood. Most often it's "Breath of Gloria" and that's what I chose. But I love "Distant Skies" to pump me up before important meetings, "Waterburns" tends to calm me when I up-tight, and "I See" is my favorite when I'm sad.

Hell, who am I kidding, I love them all, but I voted for Gloria. It brought tears to my eyes the first time I listened to it.

And by the way, I don't usually comment, but I read all of these.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home